Tuesday, October 5, 2010

As of Late...

My schedule has been all over the place, I'm sitting in an empty class because I mistakenly showed up an hour early. I'm the teacher assistant for Gina in 2D Design, it's a really open class, I enjoy it. When I'm not here, I'm either in the printmaking studio, painting, or working with Keith. I have a critique tomorrow morning at eight so John, Kevin, Henrik and I decided to do an all night print session, team hawt printz! I withdrew from my foundations painting, it just isn't setup for the graduate flow of things, I was thinking of leaving Silkscreen as well because it's boring and the structure is terrible, the lab fee is also quite sketchy. We don't have any supplies except for one bottle of ink... I found oil painting to be too expensive, so I'm concentrating on printing because that's what I love.


I spent last night with Renée, she invited me with her to New York City this weekend. We've been hanging out a lot lately, I won't read too much into it at the moment. The last thing I wanted or thought would happen is for me to be with someone at this point of my life. But then again, maybe it would be surprising... I always thought that it would affect my artwork negatively to be attached to someone in a way that would trouble me. I don't want to get too into it right now, but she is quite the individual and has a lot going on for her self, I find that quite attractive... She's also fun and has a big heart, I hope to get to know her better.


I've been working on some 4 color prints which I recently was informed are NOW called "inverse intaglio." John has been working on some silhouettes, he asked me about some process I was working on and had mentioned shapes. I already knew what he was thinking of doing, I don't know why he doesn't just ask out straight forwardly, shapes mean silhouettes of bodies. Lol, but it's John so everything involves the figure and it wasn't hard to see that. We just had the Porch show over at the Hungerford building, there was a great turn out. I had worked on the design and had two pieces in the show... I still haven't titled them. I'm reading "The Allegorical Impulse: Toward a Theory of Postmodernism," it's an amazing paper.


Duchamp>Picasso>Rauschenberg>Warhol>Basquiat>




No comments:

Post a Comment