Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene, Rockaway Beach, Queens NY



If it's not one thing it's another... an earthquake and hurricane in the same week!? "May I have your attention please, you must evacuate the area." This is what's going on right now just outside the window because I'm in "Zone A." I walked here from the B90 Rockaway subway stop and saw three different news channels on the way to B121. A lot of people have spent their time boarding up and taping windows, others are walking along the beach path before the hurricane arrives, while others are drinking at the only bar open along the boardwalk. I guess I'm stuck here at this point because they're closing down the entire transit system tomorrow at noon. I should have headed out to Jess' over in Sleepy Hollow but I just didn't see all of this coming. I went to Steve Cooper's gallery space over in Herald Square today and also had the chance to visit Roni's artist studio in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. *Note My hurricane Irene scotch tape fortress!!! It's all in the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment