Sunday, February 17, 2013

College Art Association 2013

So... I am terrible at updating this blog. I keep pushing things back and a lot of events have happened in between. I have spent this last week running around in NYC! Trying to do all of the tourist things that I never did while living here. I didn't even know we had a Natural Museum of History, one of the best experiences I've had in a long while. It was great to see the Printeresting event over at Columbia... Running across the west side highway and GWB. Jason Urban posted some Makerbot scans he had done, really inspiring partly because it reminds me of a lot of my work in recent years and it kind of lit a fire again. I had a really good conversation with Paul the other day about our new generation technology, globalism, and being able to project things... The time is now!! Teaching four courses plus all of the academic background stuff is a lot of work, but I love my job. Balance is key, going to try to get back to making. Everyone really has an opportunity... discipline and focus...energy... Sometimes you just have to take chances and do what you need to do. I'm really happy my friends are making moves, it's great to see! I'll try to update this thing, mostly I do this to look back and reflect. One day when I'm ready to croak and Alzheimer's takes its toll on my mind... I'd like to at least have something to look back on before I totally lose it. Haha. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment