Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trashed Vignelli Panels

John has been asking me how to do my graphic line, so I showed him in Illustrator how I handle certain strokes, I wonder what he will come up with. I'm watching Henrik, Kevin and Remo in the studio right now, they're painting on the Vignelli panels that we dug out of the trash, they're about 6ft a 6ft. Lol, JPR just stepped into a bucket of water. They're painting in acrylic, I was hanging out earlier, oil takes forever to dry... I have to take some shots of this two brush technique, it reminds me of Dave Choe, I'll write more later.

I'm sitting in Postmodernism class and we're on break... I really don't understand this chatter. People write about art theory and the philosophy of architecture like if they know something special, I wonder how many of them have ever picked up a brush or created anything. I find a lot of these writings to be full of egotistical jargon, or at the least very elitist. Blah Blah Blah, so what? I just want to get back into the studio...

On the lighter side of things, I was assisting Gina in her 2D foundations class and the students seemed to be really responsive to suggestions and constructive criticism, I really enjoyed the experience. I was impressed by some of the insightful observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment